Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Something "new" + more photos of the 7.

What is it?







Could it be...?



I think I know!



Yes, new wheels! Well, not really new. I painted them about a month ago. Not that I didn't like the original color (silver with chrome lip and center). I just don't like silver and white together. I prefer darker colored wheels, especially on lighter cars. I think it looks more aggressive.


It looks like it has a 4x4 lift kit because the car had been on jackstands for a week or so and the suspension had not settled when I took this photo.

I used the only wheel paint I know of: Dupli-color wheel coating along with their wheel clear coat. The color is Graphite. It turned out darker than I expected, but it's still nice. I'm not sure about long term durability, but no real problems so far other than a few chips in the lug nut holes while I was installing them on the car.

More photos I took a couple days ago:



It had just rained when I took these, the little bumps are water drops. The photos are so small it's hard to tell.









My favorite. I like this one so much I uploaded it in a bigger size. Click the photo to see.


No comments: